THE COLLEGE OF WOOSTER – Wooster, OH
Overnight Camp with Commuter Option
There are many lacrosse camps throughout the country, many are designed as recruiting opportunities, some are team camps for game play. The Revolution Lacrosse camps are designed for individual development. Hallmarks of our programs are well-organized days of instruction specific to each position and skill level, that progress through the duration of the camp.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CAMP INCLUDE
- 5 Day / 4 Night Camp (others in Midwest are 4/3)
- Small Group setting based on age, skill, Experience and position
- Personal Attention assured
- 5.5 – 6 hours of lacrosse each day
- First rate facilities
- Safety Prioritized
No notes available.
THE COLLEGE OF WOOSTER
1189 Beall Ave.
Wooster, OH 44691
United States of America
SHARE THIS CAMP
- Girls ages 8-18 of all skill levels.
- Per NCAA rules, our sports camps are open to all entrants. Enrollment is limited only by age, grade level, gender, and capacity restrictions as specified by each camp.
Girls Camp: July 9-13, 2017
- Overnight – $545 per week
- Commuter – $475 per week
Sunday 1pm – Thursday 4pm
Sunday 1pm – 10pm
Monday – Wed 9am – 10pm
Thursday 9am – 4pm
Full Day Option:
No Full Day option available at this camp
Please check schedule below for accurate details
- – Overnight: All meals provided Sunday Dinner through Thursday Lunch.
- – Commuter: Dinner is provided on Sunday. Lunches and Dinners are provided Monday-Wednesday, and Lunch is provided on Thursday. (No breakfasts included)
- – Check in for all campers is on Sunday between 12:00-1:00pm at the camp dorm.
- – Check in for commuters Monday – Thursday will be on the field at 8:45am.
- – Check out on Thursday is between 3:45 pm – 4:30 pm
- – Commuters will depart each evening at 8:15 pm if they do not wish to participate in evening social activities or 10:15pm if they would like to participate in the social activities.
Airport transportation is available upon request for those flying into camp. The closest airport(s) are the Akron Canton (CAK) Airport (28 miles from campus) and Cleveland Hopkins Airport (48 miles from campus). To arrange for a pickup, please email prior to making flight arrangements. The best times for arrival are Sundays before noon and departures Thursday after 6:00 pm.
MEET YOUR COACHES
LIZ FORD – Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach
The College of Wooster
Through 11 seasons, Elizabeth Ford has won about 70 percent of her games (121-56-1; .683) and three North Coast Athletic Conference championships, while maintaining Wooster’s reputation as one of the best NCAA Div. III West Region women’s lacrosse programs in the 2000s.
Highlighting Ford’s tenure, the Fighting Scots added NCAC titles in 2007, 2009, and 2010, marking their fourth, fifth, and sixth over a 10-year period, and with them, received berths into the NCAA Tournament. Her teams have reached double-digit win totals nine times, including 12-5 in 2007, 12-4 in 2009, 12-4 in 2010, 12-5-1 in 2012, 13-5 in 2013, 13-4 in 2015, and 11-6 in 2016, and for her efforts, Ford was the 2009 IWLCA West Region Coach of the Year and the 2007 NCAC co-Coach of the Year.
Outside of Wooster, Ford gained international coaching experience during the summer of 2011, as she headed the Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) under-19 team at the Women’s Lacrosse World Championship in Hannover, Germany.
Originally from Glassboro, N.J., and a graduate of Glassboro High School, the former Liz Garrett was a four-year starter in field hockey and three-year starter in lacrosse at perennial national power Rowan University. She helped the Profs to NCAA Tournament appearances twice in each sport and picked up all-region honors in lacrosse as a senior captain in 1995.
Ford, who holds a bachelor’s degree in history from Rowan and a master’s in history from Washington, also was a teacher for several years at various schools in New Jersey, Maryland, and Ohio. She is married to Graham Ford and they reside in Wooster with their son Preston (4) and new-born daughter, Sierra.
The coaching staff at the Revolution lacrosse camp is one of the strongest and most well respected in the country. Consisting of top collegiate coaches and players, the staff is handpicked for their ability to teach and relate to young players in a friendly, thorough and responsible manner.
The following schedules are sample schedules of our camps. These are provided to give a rough idea of how each camp is programmed throughout the day.
7:30 a.m – 8:00 a.m
Wake up / Breakfast
Day Camper / Commuter drop of at dorms
Meet in front of dorms
Personalized Skill Development work
Small Group 1v1, 2v2 / Team work
Contests/ Skill tests
Free time in dorms / seminars
Meet in front of dorms
Game Play scenarios
Drills / Contests /
Meet in front of dorms
Team Games / Scrimmages
Nightly Social Activities